Many updates were rolled out to the farm yesterday. In no particular order:
- Greyscalegorilla’s Light Kit Pro 3
- Planetside’s Terragen 4.2.10
- Redshift 2.6.20
- Arnold 2.4.1 in C4D R18 and R19, 3.1 in Maya 2017 and 2018, 2.1.945 in Max 2018
- Cinema 4D R19 updated to R19.068
- Daniil’s excellent erosion plugins (procedural and classic) were updated to latest releases in TG4 and TGAlpha
There were a few reported incompatibilities with depth of field in Arnold builds earlier than C4DtoA 2.3/MtoA 3.0 when we were running C4DtoA 2.3/MtoA 3.0. That is, if you used a version prior to 2.3/3.0 to build your scene, the depth of field looked different when rendered in 2.3/3.0 here. We suspect there will be additional incompatibilities if you create your scene file with versions prior to C4DtoA 2.4/MtoA 3.1. Take note of this if you’re an Arnold user.
It seems that many of the render engine developers are now in the habit of making minor point release updates with incompatibilities to previous versions. The only recommendation we can make to reduce or eliminate these problems is for you to follow us closely. Pay attention to the exact version numbers we have deployed, and take note when we change versions. Whenever possible, we strongly advise you build your scene file with the exact software versions we have deployed.