Phew, we thought Summer was supposed to be more laid back and lazy? It hasn’t been for us. Still lots and lots of projects going on behind the scenes to improve our service. There’ve been a few updates to the farm that were rolled out in the past month, and we wanted to make note of them:
- Greyscalegorilla’s HDRI Studio is now 2.147 and Topcoat is now 1.507 in all C4D instances
- Vue 2016 has been updated to R3
- C4DtoA was updated to 188.8.131.52 in our C4D R18 instances
- Cycles4D is now supported in C4D R18 on our CPU farm, and it’s running version 1.0.0217 (still working on detecting GPU rendering in scene files)
- Renderman was updated to 21.5 in Maya 2016 and 2017
- Terragen 4 instances are all running the recently-released 4.1.11 version now
All of those updates are live on the farm now, and none require agent updates.
There have been a few software vendors who have been working well with us over the past month or two to make this stuff happen. You know who you are, and we thank you for not being afraid of render farm services like Pixel Plow.
Carry on! Oh, try to get outside and enjoy some nice weather. Do it for us.